Thursday, January 25, 2007

Racism

When I was looking at Farhad’s blogger, I realized there was one subject I hadn’t talked about in my post that is extremely important to me, and that is racism.

There are many types of racism, the one that is mostly talked about racism from white people who discriminate other people because they are black. I personally experienced some of this when I was in kindergarden at another school I sat with three girls who weren’t very nice to me because I was dark, so I didn’t have any friends. That was one year of my life that I didn’t enjoy at all, I felt lonely and sad because I didn’t have any friends, just because I was born two shades darker than everyone else. Now that I look back at that time I don’t feel angry with those girls, I feel angry with myself because I never told anybody about what was happening at that time. That’s why I think that any time someone is discriminating you because of your color, then you should do something to stop that because the less racist people there are in the world, the better.

One other thing I want to say about racism is that it isn’t only from whites to blacks, it is also from anybody, to anybody who is of a different race, Asian, Indian, Chinese, European, etc. And everybody should try to stop this.When I was looking at Farhad's blog I realized that there was one very important topic that I hadn´t covered on my post, and that was racism, which is extremely important to me.

1 comment:

Pau I said...

Hi Alex!

I think that racism is a very bad thing too. I don't think it is fair for people to be discriminated for their color of the skin or if they are woman or man like some years ago when women couldn't vote. I think that is one of the worst things in the world.

Bye!